Sunday, September 7, 2014

Goreshade, Lord of Ruin


Goreshade Lord of Ruin is the third version of Goreshade, a warcaster of Cryx.  Probably one of my favourite warcasters in the Warmachine game.  He was fun to paint, featuring a few technical trial runs that I wanted to try.

I used the Games Workshop technical paint Agrellan Earth on the base, which dries into a thick cracked surface.  For my first use with this product, I had to experiment with paint thickness to generate a pleasing cracked earth surface.

I also tried out some "object source lighting" - his magical frozen sword is depicted casting light onto nearby surfaces, hopefully demonstrating the mystical powers at his command.

Goreshade also rides a ghostly undead steed.  To illustrate this, I decided to paint the horse glowing green.  I am not entirely happy with the glow effect, as it sort of evokes a Scooby Doo monster vibe to me.  Goreshade's big vampiric grin contributes to the effect!  But then Scooby Doo monsters are cool.






No comments:

Post a Comment